What you eat can affect your blood pressure. Some foods other than those labeled ‘fat free’ are naturally low fat, and can even be more satisfying than low-fat offerings. Some of these low fat foods are:
– Pancakes. A pancake has about the same amount of calories as a slice of bread. It’s what you top it with that makes a difference. You can try low-fat yogurt or jam.
– Potatoes. A medium-sized sweet or white potato has about 30 calories and a tenth of a gram of fat.
– Bagels. There is 1 gram of fat per bagel, which contains the same calories as 2 slices of bread.
– Pretzels. One ounce has only one-tenth of the fat as an ounce of potato chips.
– Buttermilk. One cup of buttermilk has slightly less fat than a cup of 1 percent fat milk.